Bank Austria Social Prize 2023 - application phase begins
- Bank Austria Social Prize to be awarded for the 14th time in 2023
- Applications for social projects and initiatives are open from 5 April to 8 May 2023
- The total funding amount is again EUR 90,000
- EUR 10,000 will be awarded to three winning projects per federal state: First place receives EUR 6,000, second place EUR 3,000 and third place EUR 1,000.
In view of the many difficult social conditions such as the war in Ukraine and the resulting refugee movement as well as high inflation and the related social challenges, it is particularly important for UniCredit Bank Austria to draw attention to the importance of charitable initiatives and to continue to support their activities. This is the 14th time in a row that outstanding social projects from Austria have been supported with the Bank Austria Social Prize.
“With the Bank Austria Social Prize, we will again substantially support social commitment and dedication to civil society throughout Austria. Especially in difficult times, it is particularly important for us to promote and reward charitable work. As part of our social responsibility, we enable numerous valuable initiatives to present their commitment to a broader public. It is therefore an important concern for us to award the Bank Austria Social Prize once again, which is funded with a total of EUR 90,000”, explains Robert Zadrazil, Chairman of the Management Board of UniCredit Bank Austria
Total funding amount of EUR 90,000
The prize money totaling EUR 90,000 is divided equally among all the federal states. A regional jury of experts makes the preliminary selection and chooses three finalists per federal state from the total number of entries. The final placings are decided by the public, who can vote online on the Bank Austria Social Prize website. The winning project in each federal state receives EUR 6,000, second place EUR 3,000 and third place EUR 1,000.
“This year, we are again inviting our customers and the general public to vote for the project of their choice on the Social Prize website from 3 July to 31 August 2023”, says Zadrazil.
Applications for the Bank Austria Social Prize 2023 can be submitted from 5 April up to 8 May 2023 as part of a public call for entries at sozialpreis.bankaustria.at.
In line with UniCredit Bank Austria's guidelines for social commitment, the following requirements apply to submissions:
- Social projects with a focus on “children/youth”, “education/training”, “integration/migration” or “support for women”.
- A project initiative can only apply in one federal state at a time.
- Projects awarded within the framework of the Bank Austria Social Prize 2022 cannot be resubmitted
All information on the Bank Austria Social Award 2023
Detailed information on the call for entries and application criteria, the expert jury as well as online voting can be found at: sozialpreis.bankaustria.at
UniCredit Bank Austria Media Relations
Matthias Raftl, Tel. +43 (0) 50505 - 52809