Corporate Finance Advisory Austria & CEE (CFA) is primarily responsible for carrying out Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) mandates, but also assists other investment banking teams of the bank with sector and country knowledge, in particular ECM (primarily share issues) and DCM (primarily bond issues).
The clients of CFA are private and listed companies, financial investors and public corporations. They may be clients of the bank, but also include new, external clients.
Mergers & Acquisitions is a term used to describe transactions concerning companies when:
- companies or financial investors take over other companies,
- companies split off and sell their subsidiaries,
- owners sell their companies or shares in them,
- companies go into a joint venture, and
- privatisations when states sell companies.
How can Bank Austria assist you in your corporate transaction?
UniCredit Bank Austria has over 25 years’ experience in corporate transactions in Austria and central and eastern Europe (previously under the CAIB brand). Our effective and experienced team is distinguished by
- a presence with teams of experts on the ground in Vienna and 10 countries in eastern Europe and Turkey
- sectoral expertise (proven specialists in telecoms/media/technology, energy & infrastructure, consumer goods, wholesale and retail, industrial production, finance companies, logistics and pharmaceutical companies).
There is also a close partnership with the UniCredit CFA teams in UniCredit’s other core markets of Germany and Italy, as well as guaranteed access to investors in the USA, Asia and the rest of Europe via UniCredit bankers and partners.
Typical services include:
- Strategic dialogue with top management:
- Discussion about M&A strategies
- Identifying and assessing potential takeover targets for strategic growth or candidates for sale
- Comprehensive advice and support during the entire transaction
- Preparing and implementing sell-side processes, such as company analyses and valuations, preparing marketing documents, identifying and approaching investors, process structuring, coordinating due diligence and assisting in contract negotiations
- Advising on buy-side processes, such as company analyses and valuations, coordinating due diligence and assisting in contract negotiations
- Advising on special situations, such as defensive advisories, restructuring, fairness opinions and privatisations
Requirements for transaction advice
Our Bank Austria experts are available at any time for an open dialogue and a detailed analysis of all the conditions and parameters relevant for success. Our team generally concentrates on transactions relating to companies with a turnover above approx. € 30 million; however, small projects may be considered depending on the industry and situation.