The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Austrian economy changes down a gear with rapid rate of recovery
- UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator falls to 4.6 points in September, but still outstrips the long-term average significantly
- Catch-up effects coming to an end and increasing burdens from production bottlenecks slow the rate of recovery
- Growth forecasts for 2021 and 2022 remain high, with GDP rising by 4.0 percent and 5.1 percent respectively
- After rapid drop in the unemployment rate in September to seasonally adjusted 7.7 percent, we could see winter blip in the trend
- Inflation risks rise: fall in oil prices should reverse this trend in 2022
as of 15 October 2021.