The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Domestic business continues to drive Austrian economy, albeit with an increasing degree of uncertainty in the export market
- UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator signals strong economic growth for autumn 2018 with an increase to 3.6 points in September
- Optimism remains high in the construction and service sectors, but industry is feeling the effects of rising global uncertainty
- Weaker global business to slow economic growth in Austria to 2.0 per cent in 2019, from 2.8 per cent in 2018
- Moderate decline in unemployment rate to 7.6 per cent in 2019
- Inflation expected to remain above 2 per cent until mid-2019
as of 15 October 2018.