The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Economic outlook for Austria remains favourable despite global risks
- UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator reaches 3.5 points again in August: Decline seen in the first half of 2018 comes to an end
- Economic growth stabilises at around 2.5 per cent in the second half of the year thanks to sustained strong domestic demand and a slight renewal of strength in exports
- After expected economic growth of 2.8 per cent in 2018, Austria will remain on the fast track in Europe in 2019: At 2 per cent, an above-average increase in GDP is expected for the third year in a row
- Trend of improvement in the labour market falters: Strong employment trend cannot fully keep pace with increase in labour force potential
- Inflation remains higher than in Germany in 2018 and 2019 at 2.2 and 2.0 per cent, respectively: Loss of around 5 per cent in price competitiveness compared to Germany since 2009
as of 14 September 2018.