The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Further flattening of growth in Austria - but no crisis in sight
- The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator drops to 2.4 points in March - the lowest level since autumn 2016, despite good domestic performance
- The export environment continues to deteriorate, but the mood of the domestic economy is showing signs of stabilisation after the slowdown in recent months
- After the weakest start of the year in three years, economic growth will be noticeably lower than 2018 at 1.4 percent in 2019
- The end of the US recovery is hampering the global economy and is putting an additional burden on growth prospects 2020: GDP growth in Austria is expected to rise by 1.3 percent
- Inflation continues to exceed the euro zone's benchmark by 1.7 percent and 1.9 percent in 2019 and 2020 respectively
as of 15 April 2019.