The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Austria's economy continues to grow, but global environment weighing increasingly on performance
- UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator fell slightly to 3.5 points in October, but remains above the long-term average value
- Economic growth still above potential
- Challenges in the export environment weigh on industrial sentiment in Austria, but domestic sectors in high spirits
- Forecast GDP growth of 2.7 per cent for 2018
- Weaker export environment and weakening support from monetary policy dampen growth prospects for 2019 to 1.9 per cent
- The unemployment rate will continue to fall in 2019, altahough only a moderate decline from 7.7 to 7.5 per cent is expected
- Inflation is expected to average 2 per cent in 2018/19, but lower oil prices will cause a sllight downward trend from mid-2019 onwards
as of 15 November 2018.