The information provided by Bank Austria in our publication “Austria Up-to-date” includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in this report.
In the current issue you will find:
- Recovery gradually losing pace
- Lightning start out of the pandemic - expiring catch-up effects slow recovery
- Noticeable recovery on the labor market - unemployment rate approaching pre-crisis level more rapdily than previously expected
- Commodity prices drive inflation - after 2.4% in 2021, slight decline in 2022
- Fiscal policy remains expansionary - budget deficit to fall to 6.5% of GDP in 2021
As of October 2021.
"Focus Austria" - Review and outlook 2021/2022 offers a comprehensive analysis of the economic trends in Austria with special consideration of structural conditions. The publication provides an overview of the past year and offers an outlook on the developments expected in the current year and the following year. In addition to the current economic situation, the Austrian business location is assessed.
As of September 2021.