"Focus Austria" - Outlook in times of the "corona crisis" offers a comprehensive analysis of the economic trends in Austria with special consideration of structural conditions. The publication provides an overview of the past year and offers an outlook on the developments expected in the current year and the following year. In addition to the current economic situation, the Austrian business location is assessed.
As of April 2020.
The information provided by Bank Austria in our publication “Austria Up-to-date” includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in this report.
In the current issue you will find:
- Slump in H1 2020 is gradually followed by recovery
- Recession due to corona crisis 2020 in Austria - strong countermovement expected from the second half of the year
- Corona crisis hits job market hard - unemployment rate expected to reach 11% in 2020
- Inflation fell to 1.5% in April - continued descent expected
- Budget surplus 2019 of 0.7% of GDP - significant deficits expected in 2020/21
As of May 2020.