The information provided by Bank Austria in our publication “Austria Up-to-date” includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in this report.
In the current issue you will find:
- Lightning start to recovery
- It is yet a winter recession in Austria - But recovery is already at the start
- Easing on the labor market underway- unemployment rate to fall significantly in 2021, but remain above pre-crisis level
- Inflation at 1.4% in 2020 - commodity prices will noticeably drive inflation in 2021
- Budget deficit in 2020 increased to 8.8% of GDP - fiscal policy still expansionary
As of July 2021.
"Focus Austria" - Review and outlook 2021/2022 offers a comprehensive analysis of the economic trends in Austria with special consideration of structural conditions. The publication provides an overview of the past year and offers an outlook on the developments expected in the current year and the following year. In addition to the current economic situation, the Austrian business location is assessed.
As of March 2021.