The information provided by Bank Austria in our publication “Austria Up-to-date” includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in this report.
In the current issue you will find:
- Corona crisis ends stabilization of the economy
- GDP growth slowed to 1.6% in 2019 - recession due to corona crisis in Austria in 2020, but strong rebound expected
- Labor market improved at the beginning of 2020 - corona crisis will weigh on short-term
- Inflation rose to 2.0% in January - inflation will start to fall
- After a surplus in 2019, a budget deficit is expected for 2020 as a result of the corona crisis
As of March 2020.
Every six months, "Focus Austria" offers a comprehensive analysis of the economic trends in Austria with special consideration of structural conditions. The publication provides an overview of the past year and offers an outlook on the developments expected in the current year and the following year. In addition to the current economic situation, the Austrian business location is assessed.
As of August 2019.