The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Austrian industry with less momentum at the beginning of autumn
- UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers’ Index drops to 55.0 points in September, its lowest level for almost two years, despite continued strong growth
- Low export growth slows down expansion of production
- Employment growth remains robust and even increases slightly
- Strong increase in purchase prices weighs on earnings situation of Austrian companies
- Trade conflict between the US and China and political uncertainities cloud prospects: Medium-term expectations fall significantly, but remain optimistic
as of 26 September 2018.