The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Start of new year sees optimism return to Austrian industrial sector
- UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index rises for third consecutive month in January, to 48.4 points, but remains below growth threshold as in previous six months
- Rate of decline in output and new business continues to improve
- Drop in demand putting brakes on price dynamics in input prices but output prices rising more sharply
- Delivery times in Austrian industrial sector decrease for first time in three years
- Employment growth continues unabated at expense of productivity
- Production expectations for the year now positive for first time in eight months
as of 27 January 2023.