The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Demand in Austria's industry is getting weaker and post-pandemic recovery looks to have ended
- UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index falls to 44.7 points in March, reaching its lowest level since May 2020
- Austrian companies are reducing production as a result of receiving fewer new orders from Austria and abroad
- The restored supply logistics chain and fall in demand are leading to a record acceleration in delivery times and the first decline in input prices in 30 months
- Job creation in the domestic industry continues in March, but at the lowest rate in over two years
- Further decline in production in sight in the coming months and medium-term production expectations likewise falling again in March
as of 29 March 2023.