The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Drop in export orders slows economic growth of Austrian industry
- UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers’ Index drops to 53.9 points in December
- The index, however, still continues to exceed its long-term average value and has been clearly above the Purchasing Managers' Index for the eurozone (51.4 points) for three consecutive years
- Solid production expansion by Austrian companies despite increased losses of new export business
- Industry created 18,500 new jobs in 2018; unemployment rate in the sector fell to 3.8 percent
- Fall of oil prices slows increase in input prices
- Medium-term business prospects drop again: 2019 industry growth will be noticeably lower than in 2018
as of 27 December 2018.