The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Boom for Austrian industry is slowly coming to an end
- The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers’ Index in February continues the one-year downward trend with a further decline to 51.8 points - the lowest in three years
- The output expansion of domestic industry at almost unabated speed and the renewed increase in the level of employment are the result of existing backlogs of work
- The continued slump in export orders result in a decline of new business as a whole for the second month in succession
- The price implementation power of domestic companies is declining due to slowing demand
- No immediate end of the downturn in sight, but the annual forecast for domestic industrial companies continue to be cautiously optimistic with a future output index of 52.9 points
as of 26 February 2019.