The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Corona crisis triggers slump in Austrian industry but good prospects for a strong rebound in the second half of the year
- The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers’ Index fell to 45.8 points in March, posting its strongest monthly decline since the financial crisis
- The massive slump in new orders triggered a significant reduction in production output
- The drop in input and output prices has accelerated
- The industrial economy is likely fo follow a V-shaped course if the spread of the coronavirus can be contained by the summer
- Manufacturing in Austria is set to decrease by around 7 percent for 2020 as a whole
as of 27 March 2020.