The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Considerable signs of life return to Austrian industrial economy
- The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index increases to 63.4 points in March, the second highest value since the survey began in 1998
- Significant increase in new orders from Austria and abroad stimulates substantial production growth
- Further considerable acceleration of employment growth
- Supply bottlenecks with raw materials and primary products causing biggest cost increase in 10 years and the biggest increase in delivery times since the survey began
- Optimism in industrial recovery continues to grow: Expectation index for production over the next 12 months climbed to 71.2 points in March
as of 29 March 2021.