The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Industrial recovery gains momentum and expectations increase significantly
- The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index increased to 51.7 points in September, pointing to a slight acceleration of industrial growth
- Increased demand, especially from abroad
- Job losses slowing significantly
- Decline in input and output prices now only limited
- Production expectations improve significantly once again: At 59.5 points in September, the expectation index has reached its highest level since mid-2018
as of 28 September 2020.