The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Despite lockdown, the recovery of Austrian industry is gaining momentum
- UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index increased to 53.5 points in December – its second highest level in two years
- Stronger growth of new business once again led to a strong expansion of production
- Positive development was supported by intermediate goods and capital goods manufacturers
- The significant increase in costs due to supply bottlenecks impacted the earnings situation of companies
- Labor market starting to stabilise thanks to positive business prospects
- Production expectations for the next 12 months rose to 65.2 points, a 33-month high
as of 29 December 2020.