The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Austrian industrial sector steps on the gas again for the short term
- UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index rises to 62.8 points in September
- Pace of growth in industrial sector stabilising at unusually high level and on track to deliver real-terms production growth of around 8.5 percent for 2021 as a whole
- Production growth accelerates in September to whittle down backlogs of work despite order growth tailing off
- Employment growth slows somewhat
- Prices soaring more despite surge in demand for primary materials and raw materials now slowing; delivery times quickly rising again
- Immediate business outlook looking up slightly but expectation index for producation over next 12 months drops to 65.3 points
as of 28 September 2021.