The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Consolidation of upwards trend for Austrian industrial businesses at midway point of year
- The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index increases to new all-time high of 67 points in June, signalling further improvement in industrial economy
- New business growing at record rate but pace of production growth somewhat slower than in previous months due to supply bottlenecks
- Cost explosion for many primary materials causing output prices to increase considerably
- Second-strongest employment growth for business since survey began at end of 1998
- Sustained optimism: Expectation index for production over next 12 months climbs to 67.5 points
as of 28 June 2021.