Diversity and inclusion have a long tradition at Bank Austria. We firmly believe that diversity inspires and creates the right environment for innovation.
Therefore, we strive to foster a workplace culture that is inclusive and motivating.
We also promote and put this diversity into practice internally, for example in the course of the following programmes:
- Increasing the percentage of women in management positions,
- Measures to facilitate a healthy work-life balance,
- Accessibility measures, and
- UniCorns, the Bank Austria LGBTQI+ network.
1 EDGE Assess Certification in UniCredit Italy, UniCredit Bank Austria AG, UniCredit Services GmbH Austria and UniCredit SpA Branch Germany, and EDGE Move Certification in UniCredit Bank AG Germany.
We foster diverse and inclusive teams. The talent a person has to offer has nothing to do with their culture, nationality, ethnic background, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, or experience. We firmly believe this and therefore promote a work climate in which everyone can freely realise their potential and feel like they belong.
We have been committed to a fair and positive working environment for all employees for many years and place strong emphasis on diversity and inclusion. In 2010, the Bank Austria Rainbow Group was established, which even won the MERITUS Award in 2011 as an example of outstanding diversity management.
The achievement of our diversity and inclusion goals is supported through the following measures:
- Focus on how we address candidates with a new employer branding strategy and our commitment to ensure transparency in the advertising of vacant positions.
- Introduction of several new training and learning programmes to help raise awareness and deal with the unconscious biases we all have, as well as promotion of inclusion and our most promising female managers.
- Further development of our promotion and nomination process.
- Continuation of our active support for the Disability Management Action Plan. In Austria, we have successfully supported the goals of diversity and inclusion for many years through various networks initiated by employees, particularly the Bank Austria Women’s Forum.
In our journey to promote diversity and inclusion, we aim to recruit and hire candidates with different qualifications, support the careers of our colleagues, retain and develop them, strengthen our performance-oriented compensation systems, and foster an inclusive overall culture.