An account for everyone
Today, having an account is not automatic. There are many people who do not have one, but urgently need one. We know how important an account is for daily life. Whether in the workplace or at home: You need an account everywhere.
With its basic account, Bank Austria offers an account with a full range of services – but without an overdraft option. This allows the processing of day-to-day payment transactions. It is available to anyone who does not have an account in Austria and who is legally resident in the EEA, i.e. the European Economic Area.
The basic account is an important contribution by Bank Austria to what is called “Financial Inclusion”. This means that no one is excluded from economic life.
This account, in fact, is concerned with exactly that: Providing assistance to allow people to participate in economic life, even people who have been or still are in economic difficulties.
Overview of services
Account maintenance fee (booked at the end of each quarter)
- Standard fee EUR 20.00
- Account maintenance fee for people requiring special protection for economic or social reasons EUR 10.00
Includes the following
- all postings by incoming credit transfers
- credit transfer orders online/with account manager/service manager (only possible within the EEA)
- credit transfer orders at bank counter (only possible within the EEA)
- SEPA standing/sweeping order and direct debit
- transaction using the debit card (BankCard) in euro in the EEA
- cash withdrawals at counters / from Bank Austria ATMs
- cash deposits at counters / through the cash manager
- transactions initiated by the bank (e.g. account maintenance fee, charges and interest)
- update / deletion of a standing order via online banking or at the counter
- Electronic bank statement
- Account statement from the account manager/service manager
- 1 Debit card (bank card) with/without Maestro limit
- Online banking incl. MobileBanking app
- 24hour Service Line
- Mastercard identity check