Austrian Economy, November 2016
Austria's economy: stronger momentum at year-end
- Austrian economy gaining momentum - 1.5 per cent GDP growth in 2016 expected
- Inflation rises to 1.3 per cent in October yoy - the next few months will see a further rise
- Further expansion of retail sales - 1.5 per cent growth anticipated for 2016
- Unemployment rate stable at 9.2 per cent - unemployment rate set to rise in 2017 due to an increase in the labour supply
- Industrial sector gains momentum - Brexit will curb momentum in 2017
As of 17 November 2016.
The information provided by Bank Austria on the Austrian economy also includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in a report on the Austrian economy.
To download the current issue in PDF format, click on the symbol to the right.