Austrian Economy, May 2017
Austrian economy remains on growth path in 2017
- Strong first quarter - growth of 1.8 per cent in 2017 higher than in the previous year
- Inflation rises to 2.1 per cent in April yoy - expected to stabilise at around 2 per cent in the forthcoming months
- Retail sales up only slightly in the first quarter - outlook for 2017 as a whole more moderate than in 2016
- Labour market benefits from economic upturn - unemployment rate in 2017 declines for the first time since 2011
- Significant growth in exports in early 2017 - global upturn supports revival in 2017
As of 17 May 2017.
The information provided by Bank Austria on the Austrian economy also includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in a report on the Austrian economy.
To download the current issue in PDF format, click on the symbol to the right.