Austrian Economy, January 2017
Recovery of the Austrian economy set to continue in 2017
- Tangible revival towards year-end - economic momentum will be maintained in 2017
- Upward trend in inflation continues - the next few months will see a further rise
- Further expansion of retail sales - 1.5 per cent growth anticipated for 2016
- Unemployment rate improves at year-end - slight rise in unemployment expected for 2017
- Industry rallied at year-end - sound industrial growth continues in early 2017
As of 3 January 2017.
The information provided by Bank Austria on the Austrian economy also includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in a report on the Austrian economy.
To download the current issue in PDF format, click on the symbol to the right.