Austrian Economy, April 2017
Austrian economy remains on growth path in 2017
- Revival at the beginning of the year - forecast for GDP growth in 2017 up to 1.8 per cent
- Inflation of 2.2 per cent in February year-on-year - stabilization expected at 2 per cent in the coming months
- Retail sales grew by 1.3 per cent in 2016 - more moderate outlook for 2017
- Labour market has eased thanks to economic growth - the unemployment rate will be determined by the labour supply in 2017
- Industry off to a strong start to the year - a good augur for sound growth in 2017
As of 3 April 2017.
The information provided by Bank Austria on the Austrian economy also includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in a report on the Austrian economy.
To download the current issue in PDF format, click on the symbol to the right.