Bank Austria implements new IT system – limited availability of services during the changeover weekend
- Bank Austria will introduce the EuroSIG core banking system, one of the most advanced IT systems in Europe, from 26 to 28 October 2012
- Enhancing security and expanding customer benefits are key criteria for the introduction of the new IT platform
- The IT system changeover will lead to limited availability of services during the weekend from 26 to 29 October – details are given below
- Bank Austria is launching an information campaign to provide customers with detailed information
Bank Austria will implement the EuroSIG core banking system, one of the most advanced IT systems in Europe, from 26 to 28 October 2012. Willibald Cernko, Chairman of Bank Austria's Management Board: "We are making our IT system fit for the future by introducing EuroSIG. Enhancing security and expanding customer benefits are key criteria for the introduction of the new IT platform. In this context we are modernising our OnlineBanking and BusinessNet services. The changeover will have no direct impact on day-to-day banking transactions. UniCredit's core banking system has already been successfully implemented on a cross-regional basis in Italy, the Czech Republic and Germany, offering a common IT platform for over 70,000 employees."
Rainer Hauser, the Management Board member responsible for business with private customers at Bank Austria: "The introduction of the new IT system involves extensive conversion procedures. For this reason availability of our services for a number of customers will be limited during the changeover weekend. Bank Austria's OnlineBanking and BusinessNet services in particular will not be available during the weekend. And availability of services for a number of customers who want to withdraw cash from Bank Austria cash dispensers will also be limited because cash dispensers will be offline over the weekend. This also means that customers of other banks will not be able to withdraw cash from cash dispensers in self-service foyers of Bank Austria. For this reason we are now launching an information campaign via all major channels to provide our customers with detailed information on the limited availability of services."
Limited availability of services during the changeover weekend:
• OnlineBanking, TelefonBanking, BusinessLine and BusinessNet services will not be available from 1.30 p.m. on Friday, 26 October 2012, to 8.00 a.m. on Monday, 29 October 2012.
• Availability of services at cash dispensers in self-service foyers of Bank Austria will be limited from 5 p.m. on Friday, 26 October 2012, to midnight on Sunday, 28 October 2012. This means that
• customers who have bank cards which can be used for cash withdrawals at any cash dispenser and for payments at Bankomat cash desks can use their cards as usual during the specified period;
• customers who have bank cards or savings cards which can only be used for cash withdrawals at cash dispensers in self-service foyers of Bank Austria cannot withdraw cash during the specified period – such customers will be informed in writing by mail and there will be about 30 branches throughout Austria which will offer cash services (see attachment);
• customers of other banks cannot withdraw cash from Bank Austria cash dispensers during the specified period.
Information campaign on the IT changeover
• Customers for whom availability of cash dispenser services will be significantly limited will receive information by mail.
• Information on limited availability of services will be provided directly by relationship managers of Bank Austria.
• Information on the IT changeover will be provided via posters and leaflets at Bank Austria branch offices.
• Direct information will be available via OnlineBanking and BusinessNet and on the Bank Austria website.
• Bank Austria's hotline will be available around the clock on tel. 050505-25 for information on the IT system changeover.
Enquiries: Bank Austria Media Relations Austria
Matthias Raftl, tel. +43 (0) 50505 52809
back to the summary