Go through the list, tick the items and achieve certainty!
- Is my PC, tablet or smartphone updated with the latest version of the program?
- Does my PC have an up-to-date firewall?
- Is antivirus software installed in my PC or smartphone, and am I updating it regularly?
- Is a function for identifying spyware (spy programs such as Trojans) integrated in this antivirus software?
- Does the browser address of the Internet banking login site begin with https://...?
- A certificate is designed to verify the authenticity of a website – is the name indicated in the certificate on the login site identical to the name of the browser address, and is it still valid?
- Do I obtain my bank apps only from official app stores?
- Are my login data safe from third-party interception?
- Are my login data, e.g. for online banking, not stored on the harddisk or on the smartphone?
- Do I send suspicious e-mails to the hotline of my bank, and do I not click the links in these e-mails?
- Do I carefully read and comply with the most recent safety warnings and precautions of my bank?
- Do I use the screen lock on my smartphone or tablet PC to prevent access by a third party?
If you answer all questions with "YES", you can rest assured that you have made an active contribution toward supporting the safety of your online banking transactions!