Purchasing Managers' Index, October 2017
The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Austrian industry still on top form, lower pace after the summer high
- Boom in Austrian industry still continuing, longest upward phase for twenty years
- With 59.4 points in October, the UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers’ Index again indicates continued high growth
- Lower increase in new business curbs production expansion
- Growth in employment gathers pace again in October
- Accelerated rise in input prices leads to a further cost burden for companies
- High growth expectations among production companies for the next twelve months, but the speed of upturn in industry in autumn and winter will be slightly lower than in the summer months
as of 30 October 2017.
The current UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.