Purchasing Managers' Index, February 2018
The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Austria's industry remains very dynamic, but the tempo dropped somewhat again in February
- The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index continues to show very strong industrial growth in Austria despite a drop to 59.2 points
- Despite a slightly lower increase in new orders and production output, the country's industry continues to perform at an above-average level
- The industrial sector is still creating new jobs in Austria, with growth barely letting up
- Input prices continue to rise more strongly than output prices, but the difference is getting smaller
- Optimism in Austria's industry remains high: Production increase of 4.5 percent is expected for 2018
as of 26 February 2018.
The current UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.