Purchasing Managers' Index, May 2017
The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Austria continues to experience strong industrial growth
- At 58.0 points in May, the UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index has retained the high level of the previous month and is once again approaching the 6-year-high reached in January
- Austria's industry is increasing its rate of production expansion thanks to high order growth
- Employment growth is gathering pace
- Pressure on prices is easing, but raw material price increases prove to be a strain
- The optimistic trend continues: Austrian industry remains on a firm growth trajectory in 2017
as of 30 May 2017.
The current UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.