Business Indicator, July 2018
The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Economic sentiment is stabilising, continued high speed growth in Austria
- UniCredit Bank Austria Business indicator unchanged in June at 3.9 points
- Only slight economic weakening since the beginning of the year: Economic growth of more than 3 percent by annual comparison in Q2/2018
- Stabilisation of the pace of growth in the second half of the year continues to allow the expectation of a GDP increase of 2.8 percent for 2018
- In spite of increasing risks, economic growth in 2019 remains above the potential at 2 percent
- Improvement in the labour market is losing momentum: after 7.7 percent in 2018, the unemployment rate will only fall slightly to 7.6 percent in 2019
- Slightly rising inflation in 2018 to 2.2 percent due to the higher oil price. Minor decline to 2.0 percent expected in 2019
- In spite of the termination of the ECB asset purchasing programme, monetary policy remains expansionary: possible interest rate rises in autumn 2019 at the earliest
as of 13 July 2018.
The current UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.