Business Indicator, January 2018
The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Austria's economy begins 2018 with plenty of momentum
- UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator rises to a new all-time high of 5.0 points
- The mood in industry and export and consumer confidence are at their highest level for more than 10 years
- A good start to the year means economic growth of around 2.5 percent can be expected in 2018
- Inflation in Austria will exceed 2 percent in 2018, above the comparable figure for the rest of the Eurozone for the tenth year in succession
- Interest rate rise by the ECB is not expected until 2019 at the earliest
as of 15 January 2018.
The current UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.