Business Indicator, February 2018
The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Economic momentum in Austria has peaked for now
- At 4.6 points, the UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator for January remains slightly below the previous month's all-time high
- Fresh improvement in exports, but no further boost in individual sectors of the domestic economy
- Increased volatility on financial markets is not affecting the positive growth environment at present
- Above-potential economic growth expected again in 2018 at 2.6 percent
- Marked reduction in unemployment rate will continue in 2018
- Strength of the euro to soften increase in inflation, which will nevertheless still slightly exceed 2 percent in 2018
as of 15 February 2018.
The current UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.