Business Indicator, July 2017
The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Growth forecast for Austria in 2017 increased from 1.8 percent to 2.3 percent
- UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator climbs in June to 3.5 points, the highest figure since March 2011, thanks to the buoyant mood in industry
- Continuing high rate of growth in the second quarter lifts rise in GDP to an estimated 2.5 percent in the first six months of 2017
- International momentum promoting investment activity, consumer dynamism remains high - growth forecast for 2017 therefore raised from 1.8 percent to 2.3 percent
- Unemployment rate drops to 8.7 percent as an annual average for 2017, further easing anticipated in 2018
- Raw material-related slowdown in inflation in the second half of the year dampening price hikes to 1.8 percent as an annual average for 2017: ECB under no pressure to act
as of 17 July 2017.
The current UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.