Business Indicator, April 2018
The UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Global economic concerns increasingly burden excellent economy in Austria
- Following an all-time high at the end of 2017, the UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator continued its downward trend in March with a decline to 4.4 points
- Excellent mood among consumers and the construction industry, yet marked increase in uncertainty in export-oriented industry
- Very strong 1st quarter 2018, but risks for economic slowdown have increased
- Further drop in unemployment, although the improvement on the employment market is starting to lose momentum
- At 2%, inflation in Austria above the Eurozone average for the tenth year in succession in 2018
as of 13 April 2018.
The current UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.