Austrian Economy, July 2017
Austrian economy on track for strongest growth since 2011
- Strong first half 2017 - economic forecast for 2017 raised to 2.3 per cent
- Inflation falls to 1.9 per cent yoy in May - inflation rate expected to stabilise at under 2 per cent in the forthcoming months
- Retail sales growth only moderate - expansion in 2017 expected to be slower than in the previous year
- Labour market benefits from economic upturn - unemployment rate in 2017 declines for the first time since 2011
- Industry off to a strong start to the year - sound growth expected for 2017
As of 30 June 2017.
The information provided by Bank Austria on the Austrian economy also includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in a report on the Austrian economy.
To download the current issue in PDF format, click on the symbol to the right.