Austrian Economy, November 2017
Following strong three quarters, GDP growth of 3 per cent expected in 2017
- Strong economic growth resumes in 3Q 2017 - on track for strongest growth for 10 years
- Inflation up to 2.2 per cent yoy in October - inflation rate expected to exceed 2 per cent in 2017 and 2018
- Retail sales growth moderate - expansion in 2017 expected to be slightly slower than in the previous year
- Labour market benefits from economic upturn - unemployment rate in 2017 declines for the first time since 2011
- Austrian industry still on top form - output growth of 5 per cent likely in 2017
As of 23 November 2017.
The information provided by Bank Austria on the Austrian economy also includes current economic forecasts and the most recent data for key indicators, in some cases in the form of charts. The key indicators are supplemented by regular comments, and their impact on the forecast is analysed in a report on the Austrian economy.
To download the current issue in PDF format, click on the symbol to the right.