Resolutions of the Supervisory Board:
UniCredit Bank Austria Management Board: New appointments and change in areas of responsibility
- As of 1 November 2021, the former Management Board areas “Unternehmerbank” and “Corporate & Investment Banking” (CIB) will be merged within the framework of organisational simplification
- The new Management Board area “Corporates” will be headed by the former CIB Management Board member Günter Schubert, 53
- Daniela Barco, 39, will become member of the Management Board for “Privatkundenbank” covering all private clients, small business and independent professionals as well as premium banking customers as of 1 November 2021
- Georgiana Lazar-O'Callaghan, 41, former Head of Human Capital, joins the Management Board as Management Board member for People & Culture
- Emilio Manca, 48, becomes the new Chief Operating Officer (COO) in the Executive Committee, the extended management body of UniCredit Bank Austria
- He succeeds Tina Pogacic, who became Chief Digital & Information Officer for CE (Central Europe) & EE (Eastern Europe) of UniCredit as of 1 September 2021
In the course of further simplifying the organisational structure and with the aim of achieving further synergies and even greater customer proximity, the “Unternehmerbank” and “Corporate & Investment Banking” units in UniCredit Bank Austria will be merged in the new “Corporates” division as of 1 November 2021. Günter Schubert, who has been the member of the Management Board responsible for Corporate & Investment Banking, will be the responsible Management Board member of the new division.
Daniela Barco, currently Head of ESG of UniCredit in Italy, will succeed Mauro Maschio as Board Member for “Privatkundenbank” as of 1 November 2021 covering all private clients, small business and independent professionals as well as premium banking customers.
Georgiana Lazar-O'Callaghan, previously Head of Human Capital, joins the Management Board as new board member for People & Culture.
Emilio Manca, currently Head of Design, Automation & Development at UniCredit in Italy, becomes the new Chief Operating Officer in the Executive Committee, the extended management body of UniCredit Bank Austria, succeeding Tina Pogacic, who already became Chief Digital & Information Officer for CE (Central Europe) & EE (Eastern Europe) of UniCredit as of 1 September 2021.
“With the new set up of the UniCredit Bank Austria Top Management Team, we are setting the course for the future. We are thus simplifying our organisational structure and ensure we can drive the business effectively," said Gianfranco Bisagni, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of UniCredit Bank Austria: “I am pleased to be able to welcome outstanding experts from our own ranks to the management. This proves once again that we benefit from a large potential of top managers in our European banking group and the exchange of know-how across borders. With the new set-up of the Bank Austria Top Management Team, we are creating a structure that will optimize our performance, ensure that we have the right people in the right positions, and enable us to put our customers and their future at the centre of everything we do. I would also like to thank Susanne Wendler and Mauro Maschio for their contribution to our business success and wish them all the best in their new roles.”
Daniela Barco, 39, studied economics at the University of Pavia and obtained her Master's degree at Bocconi University. She has held numerous responsible management positions in UniCredit since 2007, from 2019 to 2021 as Head of Retail Operations in the North-West Region of Italy with responsibility for 2,300 employees and most recently as Head of ESG across Italy.
Emilio Manca, 48, studied economics at the University Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan. After working at EY and Accenture, he started his career at UniCredit in 2003, was Head of the Digital Processes Department since 2011 and additionally Head and Founder of COE Automation in Group Operation since 2018 and has a great track record in implementing complex digital transformation projects in these roles.
UniCredit Bank Austria Media Relations
Matthias Raftl, Tel. +43 (0) 50505 – 52809