Corona pandemic was a turbo for online shopping:
UniCredit Bank Austria provides all customers with online payment tools
- 65 percent were shopping online more often in 2020 than before
- 94 percent intend to shop online regularly or occasionally in the future
- UniCredit Bank Austria is responding to customer needs by providing all customers with the Debit Mastercard, the ideal tool for online purchases
“We are currently shipping the Debit Mastercard free of charge to all our approximately 1.2 million customers who already have a bank card from us. This is a clear response to a customer request,” says Mauro Maschio, Member of the Management Board Privatkundenbank of UniCredit Bank Austria. “More and more people in Austria are shopping online and the Corona pandemic was an additional turbo for this trend.”
Corona was a turbo for online shopping
According to a SPECTRA survey done on behalf of UniCredit Bank Austria, 65 percent of Austrians have shopped online more often in 2020 than before and 94 percent intend to do so in the future.
“We have been seeing a trend towards digital services for years, which includes online shopping,” Maschio explains. “The Corona pandemic has given this a further boost. We as a bank have to follow this customer need for more online payments and provide suitable tools for payment. Therefore, we offer the Debit Mastercard to all our customers free of charge.”
Pay securely and conveniently online
With the Debit Mastercard, you can shop online just like with a credit card. Unlike a credit card, however, the purchases are immediately visible on the account and this ensures a simple monitoring of the expenditure at all times.
Payment for online purchases is particularly convenient: With the UniCredit Bank Austria MobileBanking App, payment on the Internet can easily be authorised by Face ID or fingerprint. All the customer has to do is download the app from App Store or Google Play and get started.
E-commerce insurance included
The complete package for convenient and secure shopping on the Internet also includes free e-commerce insurance for 1 year for customers of UniCredit Bank Austria. The e-commerce insurance, which has to be contracted separately, includes:
- purchase protection up to 2,500 euros in the event of theft or damage to the purchased product.
- an extension of the manufacturer's warranty by one year for products up to 2,500 euros
- and a best price guarantee for products up to 2,500 euros. If the customer finds the product cheaper in another online shop after buying it online, the difference between the price paid and the lower price (difference min. EUR 50) will be refunded
This means that there is no obstacle to a limitless and yet all-around secure online shopping experience.
You can find more information about the new debit card and the extensive services on the Internet at www.bankaustria.at/debitkarte.jsp
UniCredit Bank Austria Press Office
Volker Moser, Tel.: +43 (0) 5 05 05-52854