Bank Austria Social Prize 2021 - the application phase begins
- Bank Austria Social Prize to be awarded for the twelfth time in 2021
- The application period runs from 14 April until 19 May 2021
- The total funding amount is again 90,000 euros
- 10,000 euros will be awarded to three winning projects per federal state: The first place receives 6,000 euros, the second place 3,000 euros and the third place 1,000 euros
- UniCredit Bank Austria shows continuity in its social commitment even in the Corona crisis
UniCredit Bank Austria is maintaining its social commitment also in the Corona crisis, which is still ongoing. Especially in the current situation, it is particularly important for UniCredit Bank Austria to draw attention to the importance of social initiatives and to continue to support their activities. This is the twelfth time in a row that outstanding social projects from Austria have been supported.
Robert Zadrazil, CEO of UniCredit Bank Austria: "This year we will again provide substantial support to numerous socially committed initiatives and organisations throughout Austria with the Bank Austria Social Award. Especially in difficult times such as these, it is particularly important for us to promote and reward local charitable efforts. As part of our social responsibility, we want to bring socially oriented projects before the curtain and give them the opportunity to present themselves to the public. It is therefore an important concern for us to offer the Bank Austria Social Award, which is endowed with a total of 90,000 euros, again this year."
90,000 euros for social initiatives throughout Austria
Applications for the Bank Austria Social Prize 2020 can be submitted within the framework of the public call for entries at sozialpreis.bankaustria.at. The application period runs from 14 April until 19 May 2021. After receiving the applications by the end of June, a regional jury of experts will make a pre-selection and select three finalists for the big online voting of the Bank Austria Social Prize 2021.
The regional winning projects will then be determined by online voting on the Bank Austria Social Prize website from 1 July to 2 September 2021. All interested parties are invited to take part in the voting. The funding of the prize, which has been increased from 81,000 to a total of 90,000 euros, remains unchanged high in 2021 and will be divided equally among the federal provinces. 10,000 euros per federal state will be divided among the three finalists: The first-placed project will receive 6,000 euros, the second-placed 3,000 euros and the third-placed 1,000 euros. "This year again, we invite all interested parties in Austria to vote in our big online voting from 1 July 2021 and thus actively support a social project", says Robert Zadrazil.
Based on the content guidelines of UniCredit Bank Austria's social commitment, submissions are possible for the following main topics:
- Social projects with a content focus on "children/youth", "integration/migration" or "support for women".
- Employees and customers of UniCredit Bank Austria can become actively involved in the project - not just by making a donation.
- A project / initiative can only apply for the Bank Austria Social Prize 2021 in one federal state at a time.
All information about the Bank Austria Social Prize 2021
Detailed information on the call and application modalities, on the expert jury and on online voting can be found at sozialpreis.bankaustria.at.
UniCredit Bank Austria Media Relations
Volker Moser, Tel.: +43 (0)5 05 05-52854