New account packages to meet every need – including an online account covering the entire range of advisory services offered by a universal bank
- With the new Online Account available for a monthly account maintenance fee of EUR 1.99 Bank Austria has created the first online bank with personal advisory services and an offering of a genuine universal bank
- Ideal for customers who like to manage their money online and on the move while benefiting from the products and advisory services of a universal bank
- The Relax Account with an account maintenance fee of EUR 7.99 per month is designed for all customers who prefer to settle their financial business in the branch
- The fee includes all accounting entries and standard services at the counter and in self-service areas1
- The PerfectFit Account for low-rate users with an account maintenance fee of EUR 3.99 per month is suited for cash payers with only few accounting entries – the entries are charged on an individual basis
- An online test will tell the customer which account best meets his or her needs: the most important consideration is the customer’s usage pattern
- The "CashBack" benefit programme automatically offers customers paying with the Bank Austria BankCard permanent discounts and special offers at partner companies
With its new account programme, Bank Austria, as Austria’s most innovative bank, has taken a further major strategic step towards the Bank of the Future. With the low-cost Online Account Bank Austria is the first universal bank to move towards an online bank as a basic services bank which also offers its customers high-quality services including personal advice as an advisory bank in its branches and through SmartBanking via video calls.
Helmut Bernkopf, Bank Austria Management Board member with responsibility for retail and corporate banking: "The new accounts are carefully tailored to meet the different needs of customers, which have changed significantly over the last few years. Customers who settle their daily banking transactions online and while on the move, but who do not want to do without the support and advisory expertise of a major universal bank, can use the Online Account to access an exceptional range of products and services. The offering of the basic services bank which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, is therefore available at very favourable rates and gives all customers access to a first-class advisory bank in very modern branches and through SmartBanking with personal advice via video calls from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. The Relax Account also includes all standard services at the counter and in self-service areas for customers who prefer to settle their financial transactions in one of the bank’s branches. With the PerfectFit Account for low-rate users we cater to customers who like to pay in cash and therefore have only few accounting entries."
The usage pattern as the main consideration
All three account packages include a BankCard with a Maestro limit and OnlineBanking. With the Relax Account, which is offered with an account maintenance fee of EUR 7.99 per month, all accounting entries and standard services are available online, at the counter and in self-service areas1. The Online Account for an account maintenance fee of EUR 1.99 per month includes all accounting entries and transactions in the OnlineBanking service1. The PerfectFit Account, with an account maintenance fee of EUR 3.99 per month and a charge of 30 cents for each accounting entry, is therefore suited for cash payers with few accounting entries who want to take advantage of advisory and other services provided by a major bank. In the case of both accounts there are service charges for transactions carried out in the branch. The choice of the account best suited to a customer’s needs therefore depends on his or her usage pattern. A simple and intuitively designed online test offers help in deciding on the appropriate account package. All details can be viewed at konto.bankaustria.at.
CashBack offers permanent discounts and special offers
The innovative CashBack benefit programme offers all Bank Austria customers permanent discounts and special offers at a large number of partner companies. CashBack is automatically available with every Bank Austria BankCard. A Bank Austria account with a BankCard is therefore all one needs to take advantage of CashBack. The discount offered with every purchase that is paid for using the Bank Austria BankCard at one of the participating partner companies is credited to the customer’s account. A list of partner companies and a partner finder are available at the website cashback.bankaustria.at.
The Bank Austria account transfer service
Besides offering account packages that meet specific needs, Bank Austria’s account transfer service means that Bank Austria attends to the most important arrangements involving a change in account. When a customer has selected his/her account, Bank Austria takes care of all details with the customer’s previous bank, sets up all the payment orders and informs the remitting organisations/entities. Further information on the new Bank Austria accounts and the account transfer service is available at konto.bankaustria.at.
Enquiries: Bank Austria Media Relations Austria
Matthias Raftl, tel.: +43 (0) 5 05 05 52809;
1The account maintenance fee does not include specific services such as international transfers outside the SEPA area, express transfers, duplicate account statements etc.