Bank Austria wins award in the competition for Austria’s most customer-oriented service provider of 2012
- Bank Austria was awarded second place in the competition for Austria's most customer-oriented service provider of 2012 after winning in the previous year
- The award focuses on service quality offensive, innovative consulting models, customer surveys, complaint management as well as efforts for sustainability or cultural and social sponsoring
"We are constantly focusing on our customers", Rainer Hauser, Bank Austria board member responsible for family and small and medium-sized enterprises, points out, "42,000 customer surveys a year provide us with detailed information about which measures we need to take. The success in the competition for Austria's most customer-oriented service providers of 2012 under the expert administration of the University of St. Gallen is primarily due to our employees and a commitment to our customers. This award confirms the direction we have chosen and are pursuing as leading banking service provider of the country.”
The competition for Austria's most customer-oriented service providers of 2012
The competition for Austria's most customer-oriented service providers of 2012 under the expert administration of the University of St. Gallen addresses all service providers that operate in Austria. The established European Customer Service Champions competition, which has been setting standards for customer service in Germany for six years, was carried out in Austria for the first time in 2011 (www.bestedienstleister.at).
The competition focuses on three dimensions:
• Customer experiences in an own customer survey
• a management questionnaire about all activities and initiatives regarding customer service and
• an intensive audit by experts of IMAS International, Service Rating GmbH and the University of St. Gallen.
The assessment is based on a scientific model of customer value research at the University of St. Gallen, where customer opinion and management opinion provide a comprehensive image together. The benchmark analysis is carried out both within an industry and across industries. The participants are compared to the international top service providers of the last years in their main service characteristics.
"Excellent customer feedback and mainly the varied initiatives, which we, Bank Austria, launch to improve customer satisfaction in Austria, were decisive for the award”, Rainer Hauser points out, "these include our service quality offensive 'service-around-you', our innovative consulting models as multi-channel-bank, a perfect complaint management, our efforts with regard to sustainability as well as cultural and social sponsoring and, of course, our customer survey tools.”
Enquiries: Bank Austria Press Office Austria
Matthias Raftl, Tel. +43 (0) 50505 - 52809
back to the summary