UWIN Best Paper Award: Three extraordinary research papers of young university graduates awarded EUR 5,000 each
- In 2011, the UniCredit & Universities foundation and the UniCredit Women’s International Network (UWIN) award the UWIN Best Paper Award together for the first time
- Three extraordinary research papers on the topic of "Economic consequence of gender equality in Europe" awarded EUR5,000 each and published in the Working Paper Series of the foundation
- May 31 is the entry deadline – the winners will be made known on the homepage of the foundation (
www.unicreditanduniversities.eu) by July 15 at the latest
The UWIN Best Paper Award is dedicated to young university graduates from the 22 countries where UniCredit operates. By May 31, 2011, young men and women who are researchers can enter their scientific papers on the topic of "Economic consequence of gender equality in Europe" via e-mail (
Participation requirements for university graduates
• Citizens of one of the 22 countries where UniCredit is present or graduation at a university in one of these countries.
• The candidates are born after 1975 and preferably graduated in the areas of economic sciences, banking or finance.
• Entry via e-mail (
The selection procedure will be carried out by an ad hoc committee consisting of external experts and representatives of universities, who are appointed and reviewed by the scientific committee of the foundation.
UWIN – UniCredit Women's International Network is a network of UniCredit women who intend to make progress in their profession, but also want to support other women in the group in their development. UWIN supports the cultural change within UniCredit and the implementation of a new leadership model in order to support women in their progress by conferring more responsibility. The main activities are events and programmes focusing on training, development, empowerment and networking. At the moment, the network operates in nine countries of the group (Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria) and includes more than 3,200 members.
UniCredit & Universities Foundation is a private foundation which was founded by UniCredit in March 2009. Its objective is sustainable planning of academic initiatives in the areas of business and finance. The UniCredit & Universities foundation continues the activities of the former "Fondazione Cavaliere del Lavoro Ugo Foscolo già presidente del Banco di Roma", which was founded in 1966 with the objective of promoting studies and initiatives in the business area by granting allowances for studies and scholarships.
Enquiries: Bank Austria Press Office Austria
Martin Kammerer, Tel. +43 (0) 50505 - 52803;
back to the summary