BA-CA's Custody dominates the industry's most important surveys
- Global Custodian and Global Investor award numerous CEE subsidiaries
- Unprecedented number of top rankings
Thursday night, Bank Austria Creditanstalt (BA-CA) and its Central and Eastern European network achieved numerous awards for their extraordinary achievements at Global Custodian’s awards ceremony in London. A few weeks earlier, BA-CA had dominated the rankings in Global Investor magazine.
BA-CA's custody operations look back on a very successful year, with many new mandates won from renowned Global Custodians and Broker/Dealers for all CEE countries.
At Global Custodian's "Agent Banks in Emerging Market Survey", which is best described as the industry standard for surveys,
- Bulgaria (HVB Bank Biochim)
- Croatia (HVB Splitska Banka)
- Greece (HVB Greece)
- Hungary (HVB Bank Hungary)
- Poland (Bank BPH)
- Romania (HVB Bank Romania)
- Russia (International Moscow Bank)
- Ukraine (HVB Bank Ukraine)
Global Investor's European sub-custody review considered BA-CA's network number one in:
- Austria (Bank Austria Creditanstalt), unweighted
- Croatia (HVB Splitska Banka), unweighted
- Czech Republic (HVB Bank Czech Republic), weighted
- Hungary (HVB Bank Hungary), unweighted
- Lithuania (HVB Bank), weighted and unweighted
- Poland (Bank BPH), weighted
- Slovak Republic (HVB Bank Slovakia), weighted
- Slovenia (Bank Austria Creditanstalt), weighted and unweighted
"When we had the first vision to create the leading network of custody banks across Central and Eastern Europe, we set what at the time seemed to be a stretch goal – to be Top Rated in the majority of markets. With a lot of hard work and perseverance behind us, I am delighted that we have met this goal," commented Michael Aschauer, Head of Custody at Bank Austria Creditanstalt.
Global Custodian and Global Investor are the two most important magazines for the custody industry. Global Custodian is based in the US, whereas Global Investor is part of the London-based Euromoney Group.
Enquiries: Bank Austria Creditanstalt International Markets
Veronika Fischer-Rief, Tel. +43 (0)5 05 05-82833