Purchasing Managers' Index, October 2016
The Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Industrial activity in Austria gaining momentum
- Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index increases to 53.9 points in October: Industry makes a dynamic start to the fourth quarter of 2016
- More new and follow-up orders, especially from inside Austria
- High speed of production expansion continuing
- Rising raw material prices burdening Austrian companies
- Good prospects for Austrian industry in the coming months, but uncertainties clouding the outlook for 2017
as of 28 October 2016.
The current Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.