Purchasing Managers' Index, December 2016
The Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
The year ends on a high note as Austria's industrial sector rallies strongly at the end of 2016
- The Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index grows at its fastest rate for more than five years, reaching 56.3 points
- Large increases in new orders as Austrian firms ramp up production
- After two years of decline, the industrial sector has created jobs once again in 2016
- Hikes in the prices of raw materials and a weaker euro put mounting pressure on costs
- Industrial sector to continue to grow strongly at the start of 2017, but risks dampen future prospects
as of 29 December 2016.
The current Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.