Purchasing Managers' Index, April 2017
The UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Austrian industry has recorded its strongest growth in six years
- In April, UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index rose to 58.1 points, its highest value in six years
- Industrial firms have increased their rate of production expansion following a significant rise in new orders at home and abroad
- The industry is still in full force as a job creator
- Pricing power is improving but drastic increases in input prices are still putting pressure on operating revenues
- Increasing European support has made for good prospects: industry growth is set to increase by at least 3 percent in 2017
as of 27 April 2017.
The current UniCredit Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.