Purchasing Managers' Index, February 2017
The Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index offers an evaluation of the economic situation of Austrian industry by selected purchasing managers.
Austrian industry still in good shape
- Continuation of the industrial recovery that started at the beginning of the year
- Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index standing at 57.2 points in February
- Only a slight reduction in the pace of growth compared with the previous month: although the increase in new orders and production has slowed down slightly, it is still running at a high level
- Significant increase in the employment level
- Cost pressure for Austrian companies: input prices rose higher than output prices for the tenth month in succession
- Continuing optimism: Austrian industry expecting marked increases in production up to the end of the year
as of 27 February 2017.
The current Bank Austria Purchasing Managers' Index is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.