Business Indicator, December 2016
The Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Marked recovery at the end of the year - economy will retain its momentum in 2017
- Bank Austria Business Indicator now standing at 1.9 points, the highest level since summer 2011
- The best comes at the end: highest rate of economic growth in 2016 in the fourth quarter
- GDP in 2016 will rise to 1.5 per cent due to a buoyant end to the year
- Good start to the new year: economic forecast for 2017 increased to 1.6 per cent
- Stronger economy will slow down the supply-induced increase in the unemployment rate to 9.3 per cent in 2017
- Raw material prices will lead to a pronounced increase in the rate of inflation to 1.8 per cent in 2017
as of 15 December 2016.
The current Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.