Business Indicator, October 2016
The Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Austria still on a growth path
- Bank Austria's Business Indicator in September remains unchanged at 0.8 points compared with the previous month
- Improvement in industry offset by a more gloomy mood among consumers
- Expected growth rate for 2016 therefore unchanged at 1.5 per cent
- Due to a decrease in domestic demand and a subdued export environment, the rise in GDP in 2017 (1.1 per cent) will be lower than this year
- Increasing labour supply will also lead to an increase in the unemployment rate to 9.4 per cent in 2017
- Higher inflation from October onwards due to a trend change in raw material prices
as of 14 October 2016.
The current Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.