Business Indicator, March 2017
The Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Forecast for GDP growth in 2017 up 1.8 per cent
- Bank Austria Business Indicator at 2.7 points in February, its highest level since 2011
- Consumer sentiment currently above the long-term average and at a high level across Europe
- Optimism in the industrial sector still above average
- Surprising upturn in growth in 2017 after solid gains in the first quarter; GDP forecast for Austria in 2017 up from 1.6 to 1.8 per cent
- No further rise in unemployment; 2017 unemployment rate steady at 9.1 per cent thanks to the robust economy
- Inflation driven by commodity prices; average annual increases of at least 1.8 per cent expected in 2017
as of 15 March 2017.
The current Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.