Business Indicator, April 2017
The Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Sustained economic upswing provides relief for the Austrian labour market
- UniCredit Bank Austria Business Indicator continues to rise in March with a slight increase to 2.7 points, the highest figure since spring 2011
- Optimism on the rise in all sectors of the Austrian economy: construction and service industries add to positive mood within industry as a whole
- Strong economic growth seen at start of year set to continue over the coming months
- GDP growth levels at 6-year high in 2017 at 1.8 percent, slight growth deceleration to 1.5 percent expected for 2018
- High levels of employment growth and slight increase in labour supply drives unemployment rate down to 8.7 percent in 2017
- Peak inflation reached: average inflation rate of 1.8 percent expected for 2017
as of 14 April 2017.
The current Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.