Business Indicator, February 2017
The Bank Austria Business Indicator provides an overview of the current economic situation in Austria.
Economic upswing in Austria gathers momentum
- At 2.6 points, the Bank Austria Business Indicator is at its highest value since summer 2011, and is therefore clearly back on an upward trend
- There is widespread improvement in the economic mood, with the construction industry and the services sector being especially optimistic
- Strong growth is expected for the first quarter of 2017
- 2017 should herald more growth than the previous year, with a GDP forecast of +1.6 percent and further upside potential thanks to continued consumer spending and more favourable export prospects
- Unemployment is predicted to rise back up to 9.3 percent in 2017
as of 15 February 2017.
The current Bank Austria Business Indicator is now available for download (to the right) in PDF format.