Margin Pooling is a special form of Notional Pooling that can be used for accounts in multiple currencies and in multiple countries. Under Margin Pooling, the customer is awarded an interest bonus that is based on
- the relation between the total debit and credit balances and/or
- the intensity of use of the services of Bank Austria.
A key component for the calculation of the bonus is the simultaneous presence of debit and credit balances on the customer’s different current accounts managed by our banking group. This method is very similar to Interest Compensation, but Margin Pooling also allows other criteria to be included in the calculation of the bonus, for example average balances or transaction volumes. As no balances are actually transferred under Margin Pooling, and as there is therefore no currency risk, this product can be used for accounts in multiple countries and in multiple currencies.
Margin Pooling is an ideal instrument for optimising interest earnings when Effective Pooling cannot be used due to the country-specific fiscal or corporate legal framework, or due to transfer restrictions. This product is also especially ideal for companies with decentralised treasury or cash management systems.
- Optimised interest yields – the more balanced the debit and credit balances on the participating accounts are (in a single or multiple countries), the higher the bonus.
- Regular bonus payment.
- No effective cross-border transfer of funds, and therefore independence from legal transfer restrictions.
- Transparent system with clearly pre-predefined earnings potential.
|for international Corporate Customers
||for national Corporate Customers
|+43 (0) 50505 - 42807
||+ 43 (0) 50505 - 42840
Our cash management team will be happy to provide you with further information.