|March 1987 - December 1989
Technical Consultant, Processing Department
• Developed and optimised production processing methods for multiple product lines.
|January 1989 - December 1990
||MIGROS CORPORATION (Switzerland)
Chemical Engineer, R&D and marketing projects. Responsible for new product developments.
• Leader for joint R&D and marketing projects. Responsible for new product developments
• Marketing and pricing strategy for new entry into export markets.
|February 1992 - February 1993
||BCI CAPITAL (Banca Commerciale Italiana), New York, USA
Equity Analyst, Investment Banking
• Financial analysis and investment recommendations on the Italian stock market to U.S. institutional investors
|March 1993 - February 1998
MOODY'S INVESTORS SERVICE (NY)
Vice President, Senior Analyst - Corporate Department
- Assigned and monitored domestic (US) and international (Europe, Asia, and Latin America) investment grade and high yield corporate debt ratings. Managed portfolios totalling 100 companies in more than 10 corporate-related industries over the tenure at Moody’s.
- Author of a multitude of in-depth company and industry specific reports. Published a variety of credit reviews on various corporate credits.
- Presentations and teleconferences to fixed-income investors on current views on industry trends and companies in portfolio.
- Periodically quoted in the specialized press on various company-, industry-or credit-related issues.
- Senior lead analyst in charge of the Global Specialty Chemicals Sector, with the direct responsibility for 33 specialty and diversified chemical credits (global portfolio), and back-up responsibility for the global commodity chemical industry worldwide (1/1995-3/1998)
- Broad rating experience: leading analyst for the global building materials and appliances industries – investment grade credits (6/1994-12/1994), healthcare, hospitality, and toy industries – investment grade and speculative grade credits (1/1994-6/1994), and the consumer products industry – investment grade credits (1993).
- Career Development: Associate Analyst (3/1993-6/1994); Analyst (6/1994-1995); Senior Analyst (1995-4/1997); Vice President (4/1997-1998).
|March 1998 - February 2000
DEUTSCHE BANK SECURITIES (NY)
Director, Debt Capital Markets - Ratings Advisory
- One of three Deutsche Bank senior officials in charge of the bank’s ratings advisory role. Primary geographical responsibility for ratings advisory in the U.S., Latin America, and Asian markets
- Significant corporate ratings advisory experience in investment grade, high yield, commercial paper, and project finance deals, in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
- Broad industry experience and expertise through the coverage of a multitude of industries, including among others, diversified conglomerates, chemicals, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, telecom, consumer products, building materials, gaming, hospitality, real estate and utilities.
- Experience in new mandate executions, debt capital markets origination and pitching, indicative/shadow ratings, debt capacity/capital structure/corporate structure analysis, industry studies and comparable analysis, clients ratings maintenance (defense), coach clients on written and oral presentations to rating agencies.
- Strong personal relationships with all major rating agencies in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Broad access through senior analysts and senior management.
- Personal direct industry contacts and high credibility in the market place have enabled to expand the bank client base, and further strengthen the ratings team strategic function to the bank.
- Integral involvement with M&A and global industry groups across the bank.
|March 2000 - May 2009
UBS INVESTMENT BANK (London)
Managing Director, Global Head of Ratings Advisory
- Global function and responsibility for Ratings Advisory (RA). Manages the RA functions in London, New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Melbourne. Responsible for corporates, financial institutions, local authorities, investment grade and high yield sectors. Re-invented the RA function into a strategic product to the bank. Has become the industry setter and created model that competitors aim to replicate. My team has been voted #1 rating advisory team worldwide in the Euromoney primary debt pool in 2007, preceding, GS, ML, and Citi; and #3 in 2008.
- Reporting into UBS IB Board Member and Global Head of Global Capital Markets (new structure as of May’08) with additional reporting line into Global Head of Investment banking and Global Head of Global Syndicated Finance. Previous reporting line into Global Head of Debt Capital Markets with same additional reporting lines.
- Member of the UBS IB Global and European Global Capital Markets management committees (not yet formalized). Previously member of the Global and European DCM committees.
- Created a fully integrated model in which RA has become a key strategic advisory product to UBS’s debt capital markets, investment banking/mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and leverage finance divisions.
- Developed from inception the product into a very efficient advisory/marketing structure that in 2008 worked on over 2,100 projects (1,946 in 2007) and shadow edged $640 million in fees ($800 million in 2007). All done with a small and highly qualified team of professionals working in tandem and leading project teams across the firm’s investment banking departments/products.
- Primary responsibility for all ratings aspects of worldwide UBS IB clients transactions, including M&A deal structure to enable deal execution, first time ratings, ratings defense and strategy, capital structure analysis, debt-, capital return- and acquisition- capacity analyses, ongoing corporate advisory for Corporates, FIG, Local Authorities, and Sovereigns.
- Internally at UBS the ratings advisory role is also critical, through its analysis/structuring/rating agencies negotiations, in minimizing distribution risk of its debt- and derivatives- products, and in the case of M&A transactions to make sure that deals can be executed and financed.
- Wide network of relationships with the International Rating Agencies (Moody’s, S&P, Fitch) at managerial and analytical level combined with a multitude of UBS clients and industry related contacts.
- Invited regularly to speak at rating agencies (Moody’s, S&P, Fitch) off-sites to discuss and give views to their current business strategy and impact on markets and their client base. Usual audience various from - limited to top agency management to top 50-70 senior analyst population.
- Quoted in the Financial Times as an expert in the credit field.
|since October 2009
||UNICREDITGROUP SpA, Milan, Italy
Executive Vice President, Head of Group Finance
Functional responsibility for Unicredit’s ‘Group Finance’ department as part of the CFO competence line. Responsible for the Group’s Asset/Liability Management, Group Strategic Funding, Strategic Portfolio, and Reporting Units. Co-Head of the Group Treasury activities.